With 25 yrs+ experience at Management or Consultancy level I have worked across most business sectors, primarily medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Areas of Expertise:
- implementing a structured and effective company wide approach to training
- identifying training needs to cope with change and growth
- developing costed training plans
- creating a learning culture
- creating systems to manage training e.g. online databases
- assisting in-house experts to transfer their knowledge and skills
- creating new perspectives for managers and team leaders through facilitated workshops
1979-1981: Worked in HR for British Telecom and Arthur Andersen Consultants.
1982-1989 - Joined CR Bard (now Medtronic) in a start-up situation and developed training function.
1989 - Present: Set up In-Tuition.
1. Roche Pharmaceuticals. Projects completed:
Identification of training needs
Development of training plans
Creation of training manuals and programmes for:
-Environmental Health and Safety
Managed Graduate Development programme
Developed Emergency Response Plan and other HR/Training policies
Head of Training and Development for a 3 yr period on contract
Creation and production of training kits used on a nationwide basis to train forecourt and shop staff
3. National Hygiene Partnership
Creation and production of Food Hygiene in the Hospitality training kits used on a nationwide basis by licenced trainers
Designed and delivered programmes across a wide range of sectors on
Leadership (consists of 8 workshops)
Trainer Skills (4 day programme)
Have facilitated a range of soft skills workshops
Created a website entitled practical-management-skills.com as a free resource for new managers.
Tutor on Open University Managing People module
Trained Advisor and Assessor for FAS Excellence Through People Award